The entry fee for Mind Games 2016 is:
- $200 through Dec. 31, 2016
- $275 if received between Jan. 1, 2017 and March 11, 2017
- $350 if received between March 12-18, 2017
Entries received after March 18, 2017 will not be accepted.
If your game is not approved for competition, you will be entitled to a partial refund.
If your game is not approved for entry, you will receive an email detailing any issues and receive a 70 percent refund on the entry fee. Please review the entry requirements carefully to ensure your game meets minimum qualifications.
The Chief Judge oversees game acceptability. S/He will qualify your game for competition. The Chief Judge will review your game, based on preliminary information provided in entry application as it applies to the entry’s availability as well as aesthetics, instructions, originality, play appeal and play value.
If your game is approved for entry, we will send you a confirmation email and details regarding where to ship copies of your games. Do not send games in advance of this notification.
Games that are approved for competition:
- Will need to provide six complete copies of the game and 10 extra sets of instructions. All materials for game play (batteries, cards, etc.) must be provided by the manufacturer.
- May choose to submit a seventh copy of the game that will be circulated to Mensa events following Mind Games 2017.
- Will need to provide a photo of the game. It must be in .jpg or .tif format, at least 3-inch by 3-inch and a minimum of 300 dpi. Please name the image file with your game’s name. If we do not receive the photo in an acceptable format by the entry deadline, your game will not be featured in the game directory or the website.
If your game is approved for competition, it will face its competitors at Mind Games® 2017 in Chicago where player judges will rate your games on aesthetics, instructions, originality, play appeal and play value. Manufacturers or their representatives are not permitted to be present during judging of games.